August 1, 2005

Piggy


I go to work at around 8, so every morning I'll see kindergarteners on their way to school. There are so many ways to get to school, by car; by bicycle; on foot... and in one unique case, on wheelbarrow, as illustrated. Ok, it's not exactly a wheelbarrow, but a baby pram probably designed for babies one year and below. But there is this big, fat, grouchy-looking kid who gets 'carted' to school every morning, with his body weight obviously bearing on the tiny pram and the equally frail looking Indonesian maid. There was even once when I witnessed the fat slob riding piggyback (ahem, piggy) on the poor maid, I think they should weigh about the same. Before I jump to conclusions, he is a healthy walking specimen (have seen him actually moving unaided once, wow). This kid is just plain lazy.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

He will have his retributions lah... TAF club, also 10 years later when he dons the green camouflage uniform...

Patrick

carla said...

Too funny! You have a great sense of humor in your illustrations...I get the feeling that you're able to find humor in almost anything. I love your old tortoise as well...I'm looking forward to seeing more Illustration Friday stuff from you!